Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Grade: 4 (N)
Level: Associate Specialist
Location: Dares Salaam, Tanzania
This position is responsible for running and coordinating the day-to-day administrative duties of CWS RSC Africa’s
office. This includes providing administrative support to senior managers and other units within the Administration
Division and assisting in daily office needs.
This position directly reports to the Finance and Administration Officer.
• Co-ordinates office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to CWS RSC Africa
policies and procedures
• Assists in administrative duties and HR duties as required by the HR management including supporting
• Receives and distributes monthly telecommunication Invoices to the staff who have exceeded their limits
• Completes quality checks for logistics and communications suppliers on behalf of the Procurement Unit
for payment processing by the Accounts department.
• Completes Travel Expense Reports for Senior Management Team on completion of an official trip
• Assists in preparing for high-level meetings e.g. PRM Partner’s meetings. This includes organizing visitor’s
snacks/lunches as requested, and preparing materials and/or reports needed (if any).
• Liaises with the Property Unit to ensure drivers are on stand-by to pick or drop visitors, staff, and/or
equipment/supplies to various destinations as required.
• Assists the Finance and Administration Office in managing the Resource Centre ensuring that resources
borrowed are returned on time
• Schedules meetings (including virtual meetings) and meeting rooms as required on the Outlook Calendars.
• Works with the Receptionist to order and take stock of office supplies ensuring that there is always enough
supply for refugee applicants and the smooth operation of the front office.
• Continuously works on finding ways to improve administrative processes.
• Maintains Office Management procedures including contact information, directions, and frequently
requested organization information
• Performs other duties as assigned which are designed and developed to improve the operations of the
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field; or four (4) years of paid work experience in
lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
• Five (5) years of related work experience with increasing responsibilities is required.
• Previous experience working with an International NGO is an added advantage
• Demonstrated strong computer skills, especially MS-Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Demonstrated written and verbal English skills
• Committed to and conform with the organization’s mission
The Administrative Assistant must have the ability to:
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of organization information.
• Exercise good judgment and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems.
• Effectively manage CWS RSC Africa’s resources.
• Follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude.
• Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees, and
members of the general public.
• Conduct oneself professionally and courteously to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and
• Maintain a high-performance standard with attention to detail.
• Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision.
• Work independently and contribute to the overall operations of CWS Africa.
• Take initiative in the development and completion of projects.
• Lead others and address issues as they arise.
• Maintain strict confidentiality with CWS Africa administrative and operational information.
• Manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
• Analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions.
• Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
• Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
• Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
geita gold mine job vacancies 2021
security jobs in tanzania
jobs in tanzania 2021
geita gold mine jobs 2021
mining jobs in tanzania 2021
jobs in tanzania
geita gold mining ltd (ggml)
legal jobs dar es salaam
To apply for this job please visit cws-careers.vibehcm.com.