Absa Group Limited
• To manage and sustain the Chinese portfolio of Business banking , building long term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business.
• The jobholder will be responsible for business development with key focus on Chinese customers new and existing customers.
• Must be able to speak Mandarin
Sales and Service: 65%
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business
- Maintain Relationship Plans for all customers in the portfolio such that contact with customers is prioritised.
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews of customers borrowing facilities
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews with non-borrowing customers
- Determine the key messages, e.g. agreed service standards, and negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points and new product changes, deciding upon the most appropriate communication method.
- Deal with and find solutions to customer complaints
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customer’s needs and be able to sell these at short notice both reactively and proactively.
Business Management 30%
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Relationship Planning templates to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Gather all the required information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications.
- Strong ability to influence, build and /or initiate effective relationships and credibility with others (colleagues, stakeholders, and customers)
- The role holder will be expected to input certain key information such as judgemental information. (They will work with CMA and CCM resources to construct credit applications).
- Control and quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies
Staff Management 5%
- Day to day coaching and development of Corporate Service’ Assistants
Risk and Controls Objectives
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal Absa Policies and Standards
- Manage risk and control effectively by applying applicable risk frameworks and embedding a positive risk culture
- Understanding of own role in the end to end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to Absa’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgement and responsible risk management.
- Report all risk events / incidents / issues using the defined process for your business area and help to understand why these happened and how to prevent them in future. Proactively look for ways to improve the control environment by considering what could go wrong in the processes you operate and how errors could be prevented.
- Continuous and proactive engagement with regulatory bodies, unions where applicable
- All mandatory training completed to deadline
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.