The following constitute the main duties of the Finance Manager:
- Formulates and directs short and long term financial policies, systems and procedures for effective and efficient utilization of the Authority’s funds;
- Directs the development of policies of financial management in order to ensure effective and efficient utilization of the Authority’s fund;
- Directs the design of accounting rules and regulations in order to ensure uniform and consolidated systems and reports;
- Directs the development of policies for monitoring financial performance of Cost and Profit Centres;
- Formulates and directs debt collection polices to enhance timely collection of the same from customers;
- Develops and directs investment policies in liaison with the department of Corporate Planning and Research, to ensure economic utilization of funds;
- Formulates and directs policies on cash flow management through the system to ensure optimum utilisation of revenue;
- Directs, coordinates and monitors budget preparation and application in areas of jurisdiction; and
- Directs formulation of staff development training and planning policies in order to ensure availability and proper utilisation of accounting staff.
Competencies and Skills:
- Proficiency in Accounting and Payroll Management Systems, including Microsoft Office applications;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills;
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects;
- Good understanding of applicable tax, pension and other statutory obligations;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; and
- Team oriented.
- Form IV/VI certificate in Tanzania or Grade 12 certificate in Zambia
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting Plus Qualified Chartered Accountant from a recognized Institution e.g. ACCA, CIMA, ACA, and CPA;
- Ten (10) years relevant experience at senior level;
- Not less than 35 years of age;
- Post Graduate Degree in Business Administration or related field is an added advantage;
- Full member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) in Zambia or National Board of Accountant and Auditors (NBAA) in Tanzania.
Conditions of Service
TAZARA conditions of employment will apply. This appointment is on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application:
Only candidates who meet the specified requirements need to apply to the address indicated below, enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of educational certificates, names and addresses of three traceable referees. Closing date for receiving application letters is 20lh August 2021 at 17:00hrs.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.
Human Resources Manager
Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA)
Head Office, Julius Nyerere Road
P.O. Box 2834
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Nafasi za kazi katika kampuni mbalimbali 2021, nafasi za kazi mbalimbali 2021, nafasi za kazi 2021 dar es salaam, nafasi za kazi za ndani kwa wazungu 2020, nafasi za kazi viwandani 2021, nafasi za kazi mpya 2020, nafasi za kazi supermarket 2020, nafasi za kazi halmashauri 2020