- Job Category: Management
- Job Code: 2021
- Job Name: Manager – Investigations
- Details :JOB TITLE: Manager – Investigations
REPORTING: Head, Risk, and Compliance
REGION: Dar es Salaam
- JOB PURPOSE
- To manage the conduct of appropriate investigations to minimize financial losses, reputation and regulatory risks, operational risk events involving criminal conduct, dishonesty, or deliberate breaches of policies or regulations.
- To help promote, lead, and manage, throughout the Business, the culture and practice of Compliance Investigations risk management within the letter and spirit of relevant Laws and Regulations and all Group standards relating to Compliance.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop relationships with relevant local authorities, including the Tanzania Police Force, Prevention and Combating of Corruption Bureau, and the Bank of Tanzania.
- Monitor industry developments in relation to conduct and fraud-related investigations and share these with colleagues across the Group.
- Provide input into the identification of themes, trends, and lessons learned from investigations to support the continuous improvement of the Bank’s conduct and control environment.
- Support to provide a response to court orders request for information from regulators or law enforcement agencies, in relation to matters investigated.
- Support internal disciplinary proceedings related to matters investigated, as appropriate.
- Prepare written reports in relation to material conduct and fraud-related matters, in each case tailored to the internal and external audiences to which they are addressed.
- Conduct complex and critical investigations to a very high standard and with minimal supervision, according to the Group Investigations Policy and Procedures, with a focus on material conduct and fraud-related matters, and with the objective to minimize financial loss, reputational and regulatory risk.
- Ensure senior management is fully informed of all key risks and issues in area of responsibility and reported in line with Bank’s operational risk process.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive conduct and fraud risk awareness program across the Group.
- Engage with stakeholders to ensure the effectiveness of the Whistle-blow Policy & Procedure.
- KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Knowledge and a range of skills are required including but not limited to:
- Must possess strong leadership qualities, excellent interpersonal skills, and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to produce high-quality investigation reports, requiring minimal review. Must exhibit excellent communication skills, written and spoken.
- Excellent judgment, collaboration, and team playing skills. Diplomacy, empathy, and a ‘can-do attitude. Politeness, sensitivity, and the ability to gently, but professionally stand your ground when needed.
- An inquisitive approach to practices, procedures, and specific transactions. Personal authority and integrity. Independence, creativity, resourcefulness, and resilience.
- Proven track record of managing complex investigations, with excellent investigation, analytical, problem solving, risk mitigation, and report writing skills.
- Understanding of the key features of relevant laws and regulations relevant to the Bank and the role of investigations within financial services.
- Good knowledge of information sources and evidence handling (collection, examination, preservation) specifically with reference to electronic evidence.
- Competent understanding of digital forensics, investigation review tools, and techniques.
- Understanding of the key features of relevant financial crime and investigative-related laws and regulations that affect the Group.
- Ability to confidently interact, influence, or negotiate at all levels. Experience in communicating at Board level is advantageous.
- Strong case management and organizational skills, including a disciplined approach towards timelines and tracking all steps required to implement the strategic approach.
- Ability to work unsupervised with drive and self-motivation; ability to organize and priorities proactively
- Ability to assimilate a large amount of information
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and retain control of multiple concurrent workstreams.
- High level of integrity and professionalism.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Geita gold mine job vacancies 2021
security jobs in Tanzania
jobs in Tanzania 2021
Geita gold mine jobs 2021
mining jobs in Tanzania 2021
jobs in Tanzania
geita gold mining ltd (ggml)
legal jobs dar es salaam
To apply for this job please visit www.eximbank.co.tz.