Industry : Print /Digital Media Job Function : Editorial Content
Job Experience Level : Mid Level
Minimum Years of Experience : 3 -4
Minimum Academic Qualification : Bachelor
To co-ordinate news gathering operations, obtain well researched and most up to date reports on daily events and ensure written copy meets established editorial objectives, journalistic ethics and house-style is delivered within set deadlines
Full Job Description
- § Maintains a diary of events.
- § Taking responsibility for the quality and quantity of the editorial content of the newspaper and online platforms.
- § Assesses political, social and economic climate and anticipates likely developments for coverage.
- § Briefs reporters and bureaus and advises on angles to take on a story.
- § Guide reporters, writers and bureaus on coverage and writing of stories.
- § Ensures that reporters write stories and deliver them within the set deadlines.
- § Reviews the written stories to ensure they meet editorial objectives, house-style and journalistic ethics.
- § Recommends main stories of the day and presents the docket for the editorial meetings.
- § Participating in product development meetings.
- § Monitors and guides reporters and recommends areas for their personal growth.
- § Recommending staff training or development programs to the Head of Content Generation and Product Editor.
- § Mentoring reporters, monitoring their productivity and general content and appraising their performance.
- § Manage reporters leave schedule and shift timetable, ensuring adequate staffing to maintain smooth operations.
- § Initiating disciplinary actions.
- § Ensuring delivery of the online and digital content.
- § Adhere to the news circle; breaking the news, social media update, website story and story for the paper.
- § Adhering to the Editorial and Social Media Policies as updated from time to time.
To apply for this job please visit careers.mcl.co.tz.