International Monetary Fund (IMF)
The technical and operational skills and qualifications required for this position include a high level of knowledge in the following areas:
- The legislative and regulatory environment for tax, including international agreements and standards.
- Organization, strategic planning, and management of a tax agency/department.
- The use of information technology and new digital tools and applications to support tax administration operations.
- The whole range of tax administration technical procedures and controls.
- Policies and activities in the field of tax enforcement and compliance.
- Familiarity with tax policies and regulations.
- International good practices in tax administration.
Applicants should have extensive practical experience in the core operations of a tax administration and have spent a minimum of 5 years in a senior management position within a tax administration. Preference will be given to applicants who have broad experience in managing tax operations; have participated in developing and implementing tax administration reform programs within their administrations or internationally, including introducing new digital tools and technologies to improve tax operations; have experience in technical and operational capacity building in tax administration, such as participating in relevant CD activities, developing and conducting training interventions (including seminars, workshops, and online training) and mentoring tax administration staff; have experience in managing or overseeing CD delivery and coordinating with other CD providers and donors; and are aware of the issues and challenges facing tax administration reforms in the African and other regions.
General requirements for candidates include:
- A university degree in a relevant field and/or five years of professional experience within a revenue/tax administration or international organization providing TA on revenue policy and administrative matters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a team, to maintain effective and cooperative relations with national authorities and with donors, and to handle sensitive issues with discretion in a multicultural environment.
- Full proficiency in English; knowledge of French.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, particularly presentational capabilities to deliver effective seminars and training events.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with ability to effectively and flexibly manage budget and other resources, ensuring timing and quality compliance with reporting requirements while working with considerable autonomy.
- Familiarity with modern computer systems, applications software, and digital innovations to support tax operations.
- Previous experience of capacity building in the tax administration area (such as participating in tax administration CD activities and organizing and conducting training courses and workshops) would be an advantage.
- A willingness to travel extensively in the region is required.
Successful applicants who are not selected for this position may be eligible to join the FAD panel of tax administration experts, from which individuals are recruited for short-term assignments focusing on specific areas.
The assumption of duty is expected to be November 1, 2021.
Special Eligibility Provisions for Internal Applicants
A staff member whose open-ended appointment decision has been approved is eligible for consideration. A staff member appointed to AFE will retain their staff employment status, remain on the Fund’s payroll, and move laterally for the duration of the assignment subject to the limit of staff assignments earmarked for this purpose. The selected staff will be eligible for overseas assignment benefits. At the end of the assignment, a staff member is expected to return to his/her home department in the Fund, unless other arrangements have been made (e.g., the staff member has applied and is selected in another department). In the event an external or a contractual candidate is selected for this assignment, the candidate will be hired on a contractual appointment basis, and the provision under the Handbook for Experts on Long-Term Assignments will continue to apply.
Jobs in Tanzania, legal jobs, bank jobs in Tanzania 2021, security jobs in Tanzania, jobs in Tanzania 2021, Geita gold mine job vacancies 2021, part-time jobs in dar es salaam 2021, dit short courses, mdh jobs
To apply for this job please visit imf.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.