Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Tradesperson 1- Mechanic (Bell Trucks)
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor – Truck Shop
Number of Positions: Six (06)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Purpose of the role is to perform and complete all task assignment safely, using correct work method and safety precautions to the required quality standard, completing task on time and effectively using the resources, given for each task. To execute all planned and unplanned tasks and release the equipment safely to the mining operation team.
Minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with the following additional qualifications:
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Mechanical Engineering or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- VETA Trade Test Certificate Grade One in Mechanic or its equivalent
- VETA Level Three Certificate in Mechanic
- Must possess valid Tanzanian Driving license.
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Mechanic in the maintenance of BELL Trucks especially B35L. Nomet Machines- LF600 agitators & Spraymec SF050D, R2900 Loader, AD60, Different Model of Mining CAT (Caterpillars Machines), RH 40 & 170 Excavators and MT 4400
- Proven experience in Troubleshooting and maintenance work on BELL (Xentry Tool-Engine Diagnosis Tool & Allison Tool – Transmission Diagnosis Tool) and CAT Equipment.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure that the work is conducted in a safe working practices and procedures
- Conduct inspection on equipment’s to identify damages or defect and document on the register and submit to your Supervisor for more actions.
- Execute all mining equipment maintenance tasks assigned following approved work procedures.
- Ensure all tasks are performed safely according to GGM Safety Standards procedures.
- Repair equipment and report completion of tasks to Senior Supervisor.
- Maintain good housekeeping at all time.
- Report to Supervisor any unsafe equipment immediately
- Ensure that the work is performed to the OEM’S up standard and ensure quality of work to increase up time after the equipment is released to production.
- Be able to plan work before execution
- Carry out work as required or directed
- Meet work delivery deadlines to minimize the demand for resources without exceeding the required by Date for work completion
- Sound knowledge on health, Safety and Environmental issues
- Ability to work under pressure
- He / She must be physical and mentally fit and hard working
Good in Microsoft skills
- Good communication skills.
- Valid Tanzanian driving license Class D will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to work with minimum Supervision
- Demonstrate good commitment to deliver
- Be able to read and understand maintenance manual book.
- Driving competency (Must have a valid Tanzanian license)
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the APPLY button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Tradesperson 1 – Mechanic” (Bell Trucks)
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 21st September, 2021 at 5:30 PM
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.