Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil & Gas clients to seek a Head of Human Resources to work within their facilities located in in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania for an initial 12-month contract.
O&G Operating company
N+1: General Manager
N+2: Project Managing Director
Effective development and implementation of HR processes for Tanzania
Major and complex pipeline project, with a significant number of challenges
New created company for which processes and supporting systems need to be developed.
• Lead the overall staffing strategy with input from management
• Develop and maintain the current and proposed organigram
• Develop and implement the compensation strategy
• Ensure the implementation of the competency and training plans with the support of the management
• Lead in coordination with the management the succession plans
• Supervise all activities related to Administration for employees
• Manage development and implementation of the HR Information System
• Ensure secure and effective use of the HR Information system within the TZ Branch,
• Ensure efficient retention and confidentiality of all HR documents while achieving ongoing simplification and elimination of duplication.
• Contribute to, initiate and issue reports required by management as appropriate.
• Participate proactively in the Local staff and Expatriate staff consultative committees; schedule and organizing meetings, research and deliver responses to requests / queries received, complete the MOM and circulate to participants.
• Ensure the set-up of a robust recruitment process and implement it according to the needs of the departments with the support if required of external HR contractor
• In charge of mobilisation and demobilisation of employee (internal and contracted) : explain and handle all administrative formalities / processes upon arrival and departure of the new employee (internal and contracted) in liaison with the other support services for offices, IT, etc
• Organize and facilitate mobilization and demobilization meetings with employee (internal and contracted)
• Develop core processes (HR Policy Manual,…) and any new processes as required.
• Ensure relevant Company Management System documents (Policy manuals & procedures…) are developed, updated, aligned with UG, published and consistent with company CMS requirements.
• Design and maintain process documentation for the onboarding and offboarding
Health and Wellness
• Ensure that the health information is treated with the required level of confidentiality
• Ensure that the regular medical examinations are defined and conducted within EACOP (internal and contracted)
• Maintain the relationship with the company medical advisor and responsible for the set-up and the implementation of the medical plan in liaison with HSE (MOU with local hospitals)
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent qualification
• 10 years in HR administration with at least 5 years as HR team manager in a company of at least 150 employees
• Knowledge of Tanzanian labour law, local and Group C&B practices, HR rules and processes.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Analytical and computer skills
• Solid knowledge of labor law requirement, payroll management and labor contracts.
• Proactive, autonomous, tactful, organized, customer-service oriented, able to work under stress and meet deadlines. Creates and maintains good relationships with local institutions (e.g., Schools, Colleges, Business associations).
• Ability to communicate well and interact positively with staff even in difficult situations.
• The role will be performed in French & English within a multicultural context
Please send your application to Gwenael: firstname.lastname@example.org