Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare and manage CAPEX and OPEX of the Department
- Plan and Manage procurements of the Department
- Implement and executes Departmental policy and procedures
- Prepare and plan for Department manpower requirement
- Plan and Manage Depots Operations
- Plan and Manage third part operations
- Implement and execute dispatch plan
- Liaise with Inbound Transport Manager to plan and execute loading and transportation of items to the central warehouse or Plants with relevant shipping documents.
- Review performance of staff under Logistics Department
- Approve execution of Department undertakings as per SOP
- Manage in-bond and out-bond logistics activities
- Forward a copy of the RAR to the Clearing Agent for clearance of shipment and payment of duties.
- Obtain Discharge Sequence and Cargo Plan and plan discharge of cement from shipping vessel
- Access the system and create Inbound Delivery documents referencing the relevant purchase order
- Perform any other duties as may assigned by Management/Country Manager/ CEO
Education and Work Experience
First degree or its equivalent in Transport and Logistics.
Professional qualification in procurement and logistics
At least fourteen (14) years’ experience in a generalist logistics role.
Skills and Competencies
Basic Knowledge of computer application.
Ability to effectively apply scheduling techniques to own work.
Basic knowledge of record management systems (manual and automated).
Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
Good communication skills.
Performance driven and result oriented individual
- Personal Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development