Responsible for the operation, maintenance, and repair of broadcast studio and transmitter equipment. A full list of duties is available upon request.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair the all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antennas, satellite down-links, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, and related other equipment.
- Install broadcast equipment at studios, transmitter sites.
- Experience in broadcast equipment assembly, diagnosing and repairing desired.
- Possess some knowledge to build, modify, and repair broadcast equipment to the discrete component level.
- Ability to use basic and advanced test equipment such as spectrum analyzers and safely use basic hand and power tools or similar.
- Ability to solder and desolder electronic components industry.
- Possess comprehensive communication and technical writing skills with the ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers/listeners or other team members.
- Demonstrated ability to read component color codes and data sheets; read wire and circuit diagrams; read and develop logic truth tables; and add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and complex numbers.
- Minimum of three years technical experience working at a broadcast station with hands on experience in maintaining High Power RF transmitters.
- Experience in the maintenance and engineering of radio broadcast studio and transmitter operations.
- Maintain integrity of all on-air and on-line products, including FM.
- Availability to work various hours / days, including some weekends and holiday.
- Ability to provide on-call status 24/7 in case of equipment failure.