SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care and protection organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions;
Job Title: Senior Family Strenghthening Coordinator (1 Post)
Duty station: National Office, Dar es Salaam
Reporting to: Head of Programs
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Senior Family Strengthening Coordinator drives programme development in the field of Family and Community Development in line with the “Vision, Mission, Values”, strategies, policies and plans of the organisation and government legislation. He periodically reviews government policies, legislation and strategies on FS and ensure that FS programs adhere to them. As a member of the national programme development department, she/he contributes to setting and reaching the strategic objectives and targets of the MA in the area of Family Strengthening, monitors and evaluates progress towards achieving set targets. She/he provides technical expertise and content-wise support to location Family Strengthening Coordinators in planning, implementing and monitoring of programme interventions in the area of Family Strengthening. The Senior Family Strengthening Coordinator (SFSC) is responsible for introducing and monitoring the implementation of quality standards in the area of Family Strengthening.
• Leads the development of National FSP Strategy and Plans in cooperation with the FSP co-workers and other stakeholders.
• Contributes to FSP policy and guideline development, translation, revision, familiarization and follow-up of proper implementation in specific areas of work where he/she is accountable.
• Actively contributes to putting the SOS Children’s Villages Programme Policy and related policies into practice taking into consideration national legislation and context.
• Develops detailed program concepts for new types of interventions in the country jointly with programme staff in the locations and submits the same for review by the Head of Program.
• Supports Head of Program /IPDC/program managers in the location in applying for different sources of funds on family strengthening and community development programs including supporting detailed needs assessments, ensuring full stakeholder participation, developing drafts of programme proposals and budgets and identifying new partner organisations.
• Provides content wise guidance to Location FS Program Coordinators in the locations in planning, budgeting, and reporting of programme interventions.
• Leads specific programme development projects as assigned by the Head of Program.
• Regularly reports on developments in the specific programme area to the Head of Program
• Initiate and facilitate improvements on approaches and strategies for SOS intervention on family strengthening and community development programs.
• S/he provides FSP-related advice, guidance and support to the Head of Program
• Jointly with Head of Program put in place good monitoring and evaluation systems, on the basis of the international systems requirements, to track and assess the quality of services.
• Supports the Head of Program and Location FS Coordinators in implementing quality standards.
• Monitors and evaluates the quality and progress of programme/project interventions through supportive supervision, internal program audits, and review of and feedback to project reports, statistics, and self-evaluation results to ensure that interventions are in line with organisational plans, standards, and policies, and with national legislation.
• Plan and conduct joint monitoring with Monitoring and Evaluation team section and provide technical support on monitoring and evaluation in areas of work where he/she is responsible.
• Provides regular progress reports to the Head of Program and the Regional/ Continental Advisor
• Coordinates an annual review of FSP plans and programmes,
• Support external impact evaluations as required.
• Support the implementation of simple and effective financial and administrative procedures, in accordance with defined policies.
• Guides and supports FSP co-workers in the planning process.
• Ensures proper utilization of organizational resources
• Identifies opportunities for national partnership building, and supports the development of formal partnership agreements with likeminded groups, organizations and/or institutions operating nationally, as well as complementary service providers.
• Represents the organization at relevant external forums to advocate on behalf of the organization for the promotion of children’s rights, especially on issues linked to our target group and based on the work in our programmes.
• Joins relevant networks, forums, platforms, campaigns, working groups and advocates on behalf of the organisation for the promotion and protection of children’s rights, especially on issues linked to children at risk of losing the care of their families or children without parental care.
• Documents and distributes lessons learned and good practices to support organisational learning on national and location level
• Participates on behalf of the MA in the regional network and contributes to regional Programme projects in FS.
• Participates on behalf of the MA in international/national studies and research projects.
• Cooperate with Monitoring & Evaluation team in research and analysis in FS
• On behalf of the MA, participates in National Network Meetings and Forums in FS
• Reviews donor program strategies on a continuous basis and FS program content and strategies to make them more attractive to donors without losing organizational values and program basics.
• Reviews up-to-date knowledge and research findings from International Journals and update FS programs
• Follow-up and proper documentation of government policies, strategies and legal documents linked with family and community development program.
• Organizes and properly maintains program update, database and information related to FS program.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
• Masters degree in social sciences, development studies, community development and community livelihood studies.
• Minimum 4 years working experience in implementing of social programme/s out of which 3 years as Coordinator or senior level positions
• Experiences in working with the target group, i.e. vulnerable children, families and community.
• Good command of English, written and spoken
• Experience in project management, planning, monitoring and evaluation
• Good knowledge and understanding of children’s rights and rights-based approaches in the development of programmes
• Awareness and understanding of social development issues including gender, education, health, HIV/AIDS, etc.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit their application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 refer- ees.The candidate MUST clearly indicate the title of position applied for. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo. Closing date is 25th November, 2021. To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania