PATH is currently recruiting for the Senior Software Development Advisor who will support a CDC-funded program titled “Strengthening the Government of Tanzania’s Capacity to Develop, Implement, and Use Digital Health to Achieve HIV/TB Epidemic Control through Interoperable Information Systems, Governance, Quality Improvement, and Workforce Support under PEPFAR”. The project’s goal is to increase the ability of health information systems (HIS) to support high-quality patient-centered services, data quality, and subsequent use at all levels to achieve current and emerging health sector objectives.
The project will work closely with the Government of Tanzania (GOT) and health system stakeholders to organize the building, implementation, and scale-up of Tanzania’s HIS and manage vendors/sub-partners to support the evolution and integration of the national HIS. The project will increase ability of systems to support use of data from linked systems, support patient-centered clinical services, and use of data for monitoring and programmatic decision-making.
The Senior Software Development Advisor will be responsible to ensure software developed under this project are of high quality and are developed according to standards. They will provide technical guidance to software development vendors and do code review to ensure quality and whether the developed software is in line with best practices. They will also be responsible to provide inputs on the best architecture and development frameworks. The Senior Software Development Advisor will report to the Software Development and Quality Assurance Lead. This position is based in Dar-es Salaam, Tanzania.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code developed internally and by external software vendors
- Perform validation and verification testing of developed software
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- Support the analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions to determine fit for purpose.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software engineering, computer science, information technology or equivalent
- 4-5 years of experience in an software development.
- Experience working with Agile development technologies.
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management
- Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks
- Knowledge of selected programming languages (e.g. Java, C#, PhP, Python, C++) and the J2EE platform
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Android, Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
Must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, or political ideology.