The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) began supporting HIV and AIDS programming in Tanzania in 2003 and established a country office in 2004. Ever since, in close collaboration and partnership with the Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and Presidents Office Regional Administration and Local Government, EGPAF expanded its scope to supporting quality comprehensive and integrated HIV, GBV, TB, and Family planning services in the supported regions. Recently, EGPAF in collaboration with consortium partners Amref Health Tanzania, EngenderHealth, D-tree International, and Matchboxology won the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)/Tanzania’s Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program – HIV and Tuberculosis Northern (CH3P-HIV&TB) Activity contract. Under C3HP, EGPAF offers USAID a responsive and forward-thinking approach that will address the evolving needs of the people of Tanzania as they relate to HIV, TB, and FP services across each continuum.
Job title: Technical Officer Laboratory Services
Primary Manager: Senior Strategic Results Manager – RAS Tabora
The purpose of this position is to strengthen the implementation and management of TB-related laboratory quality assurance activities, including training, mentorship, and supportive supervision of the Tabora region, councils, and sites. The Technical Laboratory Services (TO-Lab) will provide direct technical assistance to the council and facilities laboratory teams and ensure that the appropriate resources are available to place in order to assist the sites to maintain the highest level of quality laboratory management systems. The TO-Lab will report to the Senior Strategic Results Manager – RAS Tabora, with a dotted reporting line for technical oversight to the Senior Technical Advisor Laboratory Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• To support quality management system and quality clinical laboratory testing at the project-supported facilities in the Tabora region and councils.
• Coordination and capacity building of council and facility staff on supported laboratory services.
• Ensuring good quality clinical laboratory testing in supported facilities in the region
• To conduct a needs assessment at supported sites; identify areas for improvement for quality services
• Ensure availability and proper use of laboratory SOPs, manuals, guidelines, worksheets, and forms at all sites and sections. Assist in the modification of these forms whenever required
• Support facilities on supplies quantification and forecasting, use of quality reagents, and monitoring status/ functioning of laboratory equipment
• Participate in partners and other stakeholder’s meetings for lab issues, in the regions/ districts and as assigned by the supervisors.
• Conduct data analysis and ensure quality quarterly lab reports
• Document laboratory work for report writing, including best practice
• Perform any other related duties as assigned by the supervisors or delegate
• Applicants must be the laboratory technologist completed from the Government recognized institution, with 3 years Medical Diploma/ Advanced Diploma, a degree would be advantageous
• Candidates must be registered or eligible for registration with the Tanzanian Medical Laboratory Council
• Capable of using various lab machines, including Gene X-pert
• Knowledge and skills on Good Laboratory Practice/ Good Clinical Laboratory Practice, Laboratory Safety Management, and Transportation of infectious materials (IATA)
• Ability to conduct Laboratory training, mentorships, and Supportive supervision
• Writing and performing Laboratory presentations using data
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to work independently, committed to implementing Laboratory quality standards as required under ISO: 15189 including Laboratories under the accreditation road map.
• Clear demonstration of interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (written and oral communication) effectively
• Basic knowledge in computer software applications such as MS Word, Excel, and the Internet
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to:
Senior Human Resources Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
P.O. BOX 1628,
395 Ursino Park, Mwai Kibaki Road, Morocco.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The application should be done through the given link.
Closing date: December 10, 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 10 December 2021.